On president Girma’s retirement (Teklu Abate, PhD)

When I saw the the name of the writer of the article, I was completely hesitant to open the PDF file, despite my feeling I did click but the following message pop up in my lap top screen.

“…..Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because the protocol (p) isn’t associated with any program.”

I am glad and pretty much convinced that this writer isn’t associated with any program of Ethiopia but rather telling us a bed time story of kids every time he posted something
    I am one million percent sure, this article is not different.

Friends, Do you feel that I missed something???

2. admin says:

@Teshome, error resolved. It was our fault not the writer’s mistake. Hope your laptop can easily open it now. eager to read your feedback on the subject matter as usual.

3. Faysal says:

Who isgoing to give me back the 5 minutes I spent n this nonsense?
    The President of Federal Ethiopia is the head of state, and not the head of the government. His / her role and functions are mostly representative and ceremonial, and are well defined by the constitution. The president is like the kings and queens in Europe, or even more similar to the president of Germany, where Chancellor Merkel is the political leader of the country.
    A younger, healthier and more agile president can travel more and attend more events than President Girma could do. But Ato Girma has done a great job as a patriotic, intelligent and humorous president of this young republic.
    Thank you Mr. president.

4. addis ababa says:

this people(g7) is real terrorist.tel

5. Mario says:

The guy was tired long time ago. Now, he is re-tired (doing it again). Anything new about that? Thanks to the so-called “constitution”, he must have out-smarted and outlived many souls in the political life of the country.

Will he make similar news when he over-retires and expires soon? Parliamentarians will miss him for his best dry jokes as much as they miss the chief parliament entertainer, former prime mister Meles Zenawi.

I stand corrected, I apologize for the inconvenience my comment brought..
    At same time I advice Dr. Teklu, to take a look back to what you had a wrote in recent years..

Thank you Awramaba times for helping me to go through the article.
    Dr. Teklu, by the way I like your simplistic way of writing. That was really positive and helpful. The idea’s Dr. Teklu brought was completely an honest perspective of an individual and they should be treated as such. I suggest, EPRDF should take it as a new year present..

However, Dr. Tekelu, it seems that your understanding about Ethiopian constitution is limited to sketchy observations. You really didn’t know the Ethiopian constitution as much as the Eritreans knew it. I am sorry and it is completely sickening to see people at your caliber didn’t read Ethiopian constitution.
    If not bluntly as such, The constitutions says, The role of Ethiopia presidency is not more than ceremonial. Period.
    What kind of political power are you talking about? I think you are mixing apple and orange. You started to write about the coming new Ethiopian president, but you end up writing about Ethiopian Prime Minister.

Anyway, I wish Ethiopian new president be a women of high caliber..
    I dream dream, Ethiopian PM one day be a women too.

7. azeb says:

Meto aleka girma is the only leader ever who lead the nation of heroes on the wheel chair. His 2 late decitions at the 11th hour, which could have been his lagacy(the ortodox reconcilation & a pardon to patriot chairman),were automatically declind by the Tplf,and reafferms his pupet role & weakness. Meto alek girma lakes everything except being an ethiopian to lead,inspire or engage our nation!I am glad we take of the at least one elderly for ten years and I wish him a free and health life on his retirment. Who is comming next ? Why should i care ? Even Tplf is happy to pur Berhanu nega in that place if he is happy to accept it …

• axumawe says:

@Azeb did your mother tough you to respect your elderly ?
      Egzeabhern Fru !
      Talken Akberu !
      Hateat Atsru! blow alasadgushem ?
      laet me tell you this for shur.
      Mengestu & brhanu nega for get there name,there cofen well never see Ethiopian soil again.

• Ash says:

What r u saying about the ortodox reconcilation & a pardon to patriot chairman, are u saying one man could have all the say just like dectotor ? Is that what u r saying… In fact that was the best move by him if those TPLF accept his move…but even Obama doesn’t have fill power to do every thing he like otherwise he would have gone to war, and pass health care bill at the same time..I think our Girma is the best we have… The last one we have joined the opp… This guys look like natural person.. Very wise person his age his disability doesn’t stop him from porforming his job..in sea of unemployment and lazy people our Girma( proude) show us u can do the job in sickness and old age..

Now even before he is going he make his point.. No person with half intelligent will join Ginbot 7/11 armed force in Eritrea…once the deal reached they will be picked up and send to Ethiopia just mark my word.. Even if he die his mission will be taken by next persident … It will be work in progress.

8. azeb says:

Meto aleka girma is the only leader ever who lead the nation of heroes on the wheel chair. His 2 late decitions at the 11th hour, which could have been his lagacies(the ortodox reconcilation & a pardon to the patriot chairman),were automatically declind by the Tplf,and so it reafferms his pupet role & weakness. Meto alek girma lakes everything except being an ethiopian to lead,inspire or engage our nation!I am glad we take care of him for ten years and I wish him a free and health life on his retirment. Who is comming next ? Why should i care ? Even Tplf is happy to put Berhanu nega in that place if he is happy to accept it …

9. ZeBihere Bulga. says:

Prof al-Cheetah G/Mariam used to classify intellectuals as Hippo, Chee-Hippo & Cheetah.
    I don’t know which group this writer that kept listing his educational status/title
    PhD after his name belongs ?

He might be called al-cheetah Teklu Abate (PhD). The cheetah generation intellectual Teklu Abate (PhD) articles/commentaries are like that of his friend Prof al-Cheetah G/Mariam’s year to year non stoping boring, trash, propaganda, flooding articles/commentaries.

Proud of this self appointed academic savior, al-Cheetah generation PhD holder.

May I call you Dr. Al-Boring Abate? Dr. Al-Boring Teklu?

ZeBihere Bulga.

10. Alemayehu says:

Some PHD holder chicken heads are trying to tell us that they know shit, while analyzing nothing. Its better if they just keep quiet. My grade 5 daughter will write this.