2013 prison census: 211 journalists jailed worldwide; seven of them are in Ethiopia

1. angereb says:

የአለም ህዝብ ብዛት 4,000,000,000 ነው ብለን በትንሹ ብናስብና ለእኩል ብናካፍለው አንኩዋን፣ ኢትዮጵያ 7 ጋዜጠኞች ለማሰር 200 ሚሊዮን ህዝብ ኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ መኖር አለበት ማለት ነው። እነዚህ 7 ጋዜጠኞች በቁዋሚነት የታሰሩ ብና ናቸው። ፍርድ ቤት የሚመላለሱትን፣ከሀገር የተሰዱትን፣ማስፈራሪያ የደረሰባቸውን፣ እየታሰሩ የሚፈቱትን ሳይጨምር። እነዚህን ሁሉ ቢጨምር ኖሮ ኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ ቢያነስ 999 ሚሊዮን ህዝብ መኖር ነበረበት ማለት። የህ ማለት የአለም ህዝብ 1/4ኛ ማለት ነው። ይህ ስሌት መስረቱን 28 ሚሊዮን የሚኖርባት ሀገር አንድ ጋዜጠኛ ብታስር ብለን ብናስብ ከኔጋቲቭ መሰረት ተነስተን ነው። ጋዜጠኛ የማያስሩትን ሀገሮች ሁሉ እንደምሳሌ ሳንወስድ ማለት ነው።
    ይሄ ስሌት የአለምን 1/4 ኛውን ያህል ጋዜጣ ኢትዮጵያ ታስራለች ወይም ካገር ታባርራለች ማለት ነው።

2. Wedi Ere says:

Angereb

Waht are you talking about..yeante mathemathics indet newe bakeh What is your point?

3. Mekdes says:

These are not journalists, I am sorry if I offended few diasporas followers of Elias Kifle’s Ethiopian review. Journalism doesn’t mean encouraging hate and propagating violence. If they want to do that they better be in the jungle like G7 to spread that rumor. In western countries if you don’t get permission you stop. But in our country they will tell yo its my right. Of course you have a right also the goernment has a right. What was Reeyot doing, was she badmouthing the govt. I thought there is no internet access in Ethiopia. So how come she got one? As I heard she is TTI graduate how come she was teaching in Highschool. Any way these are not journalists for me, it is better.to say that opportinist journalists who are trying to ectraact money from diasporas. Tegbar was the organization formrd by Elia Kiflom Ethiopian review editor advocating violence in Ethiopia. Thanks for EPRDF, it stopped him from his evil doing. This was the who awarded Esayas the man of the year award. So this Reeyot Alemu Gedebo was contacting with this guy. She already admited it.

4. angereb says:

@wedi ere
    ለስሙ አራተኛ ክፍል ነህ እንዴት ይሄ ሂሳብ አይገባህም።
    በቀላሉ ሂሳቡ ማካፈል ነው። የድሮ አራተኛ ክፍል እኮ ፍራክሺንና ማካፈልን ማባዛትን አጣርተው ይችሉ ነበር። የቁዋንቁዋ ሰው ነህ እነዳልልህ mathematics የሚለውን mathemathics ብለህ ነው የፃፍከው እንዴት ነው ነገሩ። ጋዜጠኞችን የምታስሩዋቸው ነገሩ ሳይገባችሁ ነው ማለት ነው እንዴ።?

• Mekdes says:

Well well we have found one eduacated person from Diaspora hate mongers. Math is not the way you put it in your way cus it isnot only division. It is deeper than that but, I couldn’t get what you were trying to say. What about your calculation in Eritrean Jourmalists in prison. Would you put that in your gibrish equation. 32 journalists in prison in Eritreas 4 million popualtion. I don’t blame you for advocating to Eskinder and likes, like you.

5. Gebez says:

If journalism is like the one these so-called “journalists” imprisoned in Ethiopia were doing, I personally need more of them in prison. Life time prison actually.As far as I know, journalism is not like that. By the way, 7 is a very small, negligible number in third world countries like ethiopia where the political culture, mentality of the majority(including the “journalists) is tragically backward. I congratulate Ethiopia.

6. TGH says:

what do you mean “CPJ Belives” whether CPJ belives or not it is non of our business .Ethiopia is an independent country I don’t think it is the colony of CPJ.
    Don’t depend on CPJ,human rights watch, Crises group etc they have their own mission.Whether believe it or not Ethiopia is rising by it’s hard working people.

7. Asfaw abreha says:

As to eskinder ,one has to go back in time and see his articles.His piece entitled ‘Get lost judia’ is totally genocidal.

8. Ken says:

Dawit, I like your wit 🙂 you are smarter than we thought; aren’tReeyot Alemu, freelance ya? 🙂
    you wanted to say ‘No body freelanceJournalist’ instead you put it ‘Reeyot Alemu, freelance…’ . I am sure you didn’t want to disgrace the profession if you added ” Journalist”.
    nice wit:)

• Jhonny says:

Maneh Ken, Reeyot is TTI graduate who was studying to get her Diploma, she is not a freelance journalist, she is Elementary school teacher… You guys just lionizing this little a** rat, who even deny her Kembata tribe. She is not a journalist.” Sew kuter bilut erasu meta” kind of thing.

9. Alula says:

CPJ & shit are nothing ,but a colonialists of our time who still promoting their own interest at the cost of the third world!

I don’t call these in prison journalists , but promoters of an empty opposition! They don’t know their limit & they are paying for it! What the fuck!