Ethiopian orthodox synod in exile; get your acts together! (Meleake Bisrat )

1. Yisehaq says:

Thank you Dawit for posting this very interesting contribution by Meleake Bisrat.

I read it on Ethiomedia first, but was immediately disavowed and discarded, perhaps understandably, from that website.

This article is an eye opener to me (and I am sure it will be to many followers). I hope many followers in Ethiopia will be able to read this article, to counter the long sustained disinformation from one side of the disagreement.

Egziabeher Ethiopian Yitebiq!

2. tamrat says:

Thank you for posting this timely and accurate analysis of the current preachment of some in the EOTC lead by Aba Melketsadik. This article was posted briefly on Ethiomedia and I was amazed on how it made it that website knowing that truth is not told as is on that particular website. I suspected that it would not last long for which I decided to copy and save it for myself. Not for my surprise, as expected, the article was removed from the page just an hour later. I was hoping, this article will get a face in another site and I happy to see that Awramba Times has accorded a chance for many to read it.
    On another note, I would like to say thanks to Mr. Dawit Kebede for his balanced views. No longer, how much it costs and how hard it may feel, truth will let you free and I hope you keep and make your forum free from judgment and present news as is. In a time, news fly free and instantly, no one can mischief others except self. Forget about the detractors. We already have many fake journalists. What we need is honest and free media. I think it is the moment you can take advantage of this and in the end you will stand taller than anyone of them.

3. Selamleethiopia says:

Dawit, Meleake Bisrat and the above comentaries-
    Let me tell you the fact how much you are very narrow minded when you make a sense out of a party who has taken the church by power is right and when you accuse the innocent party who is the legal leader of the church.
    And you compared it with Derge saying bla bla bla …. Did the Derg removed the legal church leader by power and replaced with his cadre if so who has been removed by Derge? did he accept when derge removed him …..? shame on you baby mind.
    1. when you claim the church is devided and all the above commentaries-
    Let me tell you the fact how much you are one very narrow minded
    1. who has been leading the church? they have been the one who was leading and still continuing until the government withdraws its hand from the church.
    And Bisrat I can tell now you are very mad by the exiled synod as your fear is that currently they are starting to work for the removal of the non sense faithless regime back home.
    And when I read your article I read your father Sibhat Nega’s mind …. Good luck Yodit Gudit Group

4. getaneh says:

May be you forget this, Derg not only removed the Pariarch but murdered him.

5. Gezaee H. says:

This is a laughing stock. Merkorious decided to leave Ethiopia to live in America, American life, the dream life of all Ethiopians and now he tell us he has carried even the office of the 94 milllion people in Ethiopia to USA? Merkorioius is not normal. He is spiritually ill very much. Otherwise, he would not claim he is the patriarch after 20 years in exile. This is an insult to the entire 94 million Ethiopian people and particularly to the about 60 million orthodox followers. According to him, the church means Merkoious. According to him the church has no body. The body of the church is one person. Merkorious does not know the body of our church is the about 60 million people in Ethiopia. I am not biased and I do not any human personally. I abhor ignorance, high level of idiocity, greed, selfishness. He is the most disgraceful person. He is depriving peace our church by considering himself about anything and anyone. He is not even grown up and he is still immature. He left the country willingfully and waited in Kenya to come to America and now he realized his American dream and he is telling us he has carried the church with him to USA? Shameful and very disgraceful. He was in charge of 60 million people why he abandonned his 60 millions ships to go America? he has no faith. He is not better than me and you. He is a materialist who left Ethiopia to live American life. Why he did not have synodos in Kenya? he lived there for 7 years? Can he tell us how left and who removed him from power? selfish and he try to even to legitemize using the bible that he is supposed to carry the office with him to USA? You might have fans who support you, you are 100% wrong. You were not even supposed to abandon the 60 million sheeps who were under you. If I were you I will die with my people instead of running away leaving my followers of 60 million people. You are faithless and boness less. Leba acheberbari. I have a right to know why you left and how they removed you woyane from power. Can you tell us how they removed you?

6. Meron says:

What a revealing article. Why didn’t the writer release this eye-opening article some months ago? The diaspora run-away synode has been telling us they were forced, but here it is the reality.

Thank you Dawit for posting this article. But, I wonder why you didn’t put it in the “Home” of your website. It is an article worth to be discussed,and that can happen only if you put it in the Home part. Most people visit the Home part of your website, as I always do. Anyway, thank you again!

7. ewunetyineger says:

”፡ ንጉሠ ነገሥቱ በቀጥታ፣ ደርግ ደግሞ እንደ ወያኔ በሥውር በቤተ ክርስቲያኒቱ አስተዳደር
    ጣልቃ ይገቡ ነበር፡፡
    ወያኔዎች ልክ አቡነ ጳውሎስን በመንበሩ ላይ በጉልበት እንደሰየሙ ሁሉ አቡነ መርቆሬዎስንም በሥልጣን
    እንዲቀመጡ ያደረጉት ደርጎች ነበሩ፡፡”
    ይገርማል! አንዳነድ አለአዋቂዎች ለዚህች ቤተክርስቲያን ልዕልና ሲደክሙና ሲዋትቱ የኖሩትን የቀድሞ ነገሥታት ይህን አሁን ያለውን ጥፋት ለመሸፋፈን ሲሉ ደጋጎቹን ነገሥታት ከአላውያኑና ከኮሚኒስቶች ጋር በመደባለቅ የማያውቁትን ታሪክ ሲቀባጥሩ መገኘታቸው ነው። የቀድሞ ነገሥታት ከአብርሃ አጽብሃ እስከ አፄ ኃይለሥላሴ ድረስ ለቤተክርስቲያን ልዕልና በመቆም ገዳማትና አድባራት ሲሰሩና ሲያሰሩ፣ ቆመው ሲያስቀድሱና በክብረ በአላት ላይ በመገኘት ሲሳተፉ የኖሩ ነበሩ። ለእምነቷ መስፋፋትም መጽሐፍት እንዲተረጎሙ ለቤተክርስቲያኗ በተለየ ማተሚያ ቤት እንዲከፈት በማድረግ አድባራትና ገዳማት እንዲሁም ምእመናንን የጸሎትንና ሌሎች መጽሐፍቶችን እንዲያገኙ በማድረግ ቤተክርስቲያን የማትረሳው አድርባዮች ግን የዘነጉትን ታላላቅ ሥራዎች ሰርተው አልፈዋል። እነርሱ በቤተክርስቲያን እየተቀቡ ሲነግሡ የቤተክርስቲያኗም የበላይ ጠባቂዎች ሆነው ኃላፊነታቸውን በጊዜያቸው ተወጥተዋል።ይህም ጣልቃ ገብነት ሰይሆን ሥርዓት ነው። ምስጢሩመረ ጥልቅ ነው። ንጉሡ ዳዊት በቤተመንግስቱም በቤተመቅደሱም የበላይ ነበረ። ልጁ ሶሎሞንም የንግሥና ስሪቱ መጠሪያ ሆኖ እንዳባቱ የቤተመቅደሱም የቤተመንግስቱም የበላይ ነበረ። ይህም እስከ አፄ ኃይለስላሴ ድረስ የደረሰ ታሪክ ነው ምንም እንኳን በየዘመናቱ ሰንሰለቱ የተቆራረጠ ቢሆንም። ለመሆኑ ጌታ ከነገደ አይሁድ የተወለደበት ሚስጢር ምንድነው? ዘላለማዊ ካህን የተባለው መልከጼዴቅስ ምሳሌው ለምን ሆነ? ሞዓ አንበሳ ዘእምነገደ ይሁዳ የተባለው ሚስጢሩ ምንድነው? ጌታ በምድር ላሉ ነገሥታት ንጉሣቸው ነው። ለካህናቱም ሊቀ ቃህናት እርሱ ነው። የቤተመንግስቱም የቤተክህነቱም የበላይ እርሱ ነው። ወጉማ ባይፈርስ ባይሻር የቤተመንግስቱም የቤተክህነቱም የበላይ ንጉሠ ነገሥቱ ነውኮ! ነበርም በታሪካችን። ኮሚኒዝም መጥቶ ሁላችንም እንደርሱ እንድናስብ አደረገንና ሰባኪውም የኔብጤውም “መንግስት በሐይማኖት ጣልቃ አይገባም” እያለ ይቀባጥራል ጠራዝ ነጠቁን። ስለዚህ የጽፉ አዘጋጅ በማየውቀው የሚቀባጠር በሞቀበት የሚበላ በበላበት የሚጮህ ….ነው። ነገሥታቱ ግን የቤተክርስቲያንም ጉዳይ ጉዳያቸው ነበርና ጣልቃ ይገቡ ነበር የሚያሰኛቸው አልነበረም አይደለምም። አሁን በዘመናችን የቤተክርስቲያን ጉዳይ አያገባንም ካሉና ራሳቸውን በአዋጅ ከለዩ በኋላ የቤተክርስቲያኗ አማኝና አባል ሳይሆኑ በቤተክርስቲያን ጉዳይ ውስጥ በመግባት በደል ከሚፈጸሙ ጋር የቀድሞዎቹን ነገሥታት ማነጻጸር ለኔ አላዋቂነት ብቻ ሳይሆን እብደትም ነው። ደግሞስ ሌላው ሃሳብ ደርግ ጣልቃ ገብቷልና አሁንም ይቻላል ይባላል? አባቱ ዳኛ ልጁ ቀማኛ እንዲሉ ነው ነገሩ። ሰው ትገላላችሁ ተታስራላችሁ ሲባሉ ደርግም ይገል ነበር እኛ ብቻ አይደለንም አይደል የሚሉት እነሱስ? ይገርማል! የኔ አቋም ግን አንድ ነው። መፍትሔው እርቁን ከዳር ማድረስ ነበረባቸው ከሁሉ በፊት። አሁንም በመወንጀል ሳይሆን ኃይማኖት ነውና ያለእርቅ መፍትሔ የለም ። የእኛም ድርሻ የግራና ቀኙን ክስ ማድነቅና ማዳነቅ ሳይሆን ሰላም እንዲመጣ ዘወትር መጸለይና ማገዝ ቢሆን ይመረጣል ባይ ነኝ።